If you learn better by reading and writing try out these strategies.
- Re-write your notes after class.
- Use colored pens and highlighters to focus in on key ideas
- Write notes to yourself in the margins
- Write out key concepts and ideas
- Compose short explanations for diagrams, charts, graphs
- Write out instructions for each step of a procedure or math problem
- Print out your notes for later review
- Post note cards/post-its in visible places (when doing dishes, on the bottom of the remote, etc.)
- Vocab mnemonics
- Organize your notes/key concepts into a Powerpoint slideshow
- Compare your notes with someone else’s
- Repetitive writing
- Hangman game
This list is taken from: file:///C:/Users/Owner/Downloads/Study_Strategies_by_Learning_Styles.pdf
What are some strategies that you use or will use?
Next article: Strategies for your Kinesthetic learning style